Timothy A. Heefner
(405) 524-2400 | email@example.com
- 1998 – J.D., The University of Oklahoma College of Law
- 1994 – B.B.A., Finance, The University of Oklahoma College of Business
Areas of Practice
Commercial Contracts, Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity/Venture Capital, Securities, Litigation, Trade Secrets, Labor and Employment, Estate Planning and Probate
Organizations, Honors, etc.
- First Presbyterian Church of Norman Foundation – Member of the Board of Directors and Treasurer
- First Presbyterian Church of Norman – Elder
- Immuno Mycologics, Inc. – Institutional Animal Use and Care Committee – Committee Member
- Diabetes Solutions of Oklahoma – Former Member of the Board of Directors
Admissions to Practice
- All State and Federal Courts in Oklahoma
- The United State Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit
- The United States Supreme Court
Tim and his wife Stephanie, live in Norman, with their three children Abby, Grace and Ben. In his free time, Tim enjoys spending time with his wife and kids, being outdoors, boating, helping his kids’ softball and baseball teams, playing golf, hunting quail, fishing for trout, reading, and watching his kids participate in other sports, voice and drama.
- Represented shareholders of a privately held funeral home in the sale of the company to a publically held buyer.
- Represented an employer in a case alleging that a former employee and his new employer violated the Oklahoma Trade Secrets Act and Oklahoma common law when the former employee wrongfully retained a copy of the employer’s customer list and used the list to directly compete against the employer. Obtained judgment against the former employee and his new employer at jury trial.
- Represented an oil and gas service company in the acquisition of equipment and several facilities in Oklahoma.
- Represented an oil and gas company in the acquisition of oil and gas properties in Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
- Represented a former member of the board of directors for a publicly traded company against securities fraud claims. We successfully negotiated a resolution.
- Represented a private equity lender in a case alleging default by the borrower. The borrower claimed a defense of failure of consideration. Obtained a directed verdict at the close of the borrower’s case, as to a portion of the amount in arrears and judgment against the borrower for the balance at the close of the jury trial.
- Represented an international construction and logistic company, defending a claim by the general contractor for liquidated damages. The construction company filed a counterclaim for fraud and breach of contract. Obtained a very favorable settlement prior to arbitration.
- Represented owners and managers of a specialty surgery center in the sale of the facility.
- Represented a development agent in the acquisition of various development contracts and territories.
- Represented shareholder of commercial and retail floor covering business in the sale of the business.
- Represented a law firm in case where former shareholder of the firm was removed as an officer, shareholder and employee.
- Represented shareholder of law firm in dissolution of the firm.
- Represented attorneys in the formation of a law firm.
10th Cir. Court of Appeals
Zurich North American v. Matrix Service, Inc., 426 F.3d 1281
Oklahoma Supreme Court
Broadway Clinic v. Liberty Mutual Insurance Co., 139 P.3d 873 Leak-Gilbert v. Fahle, 55 P.3d 1054
Oklahoma Court of Appeals
- Pangaea Exploration Corp. v. Ryland, 239 P.3d 160
- Chilcutt Direct Marketing, Inc. v. A Carroll Corporation, 239 P.3d 179
- Pangaea Exploration Corporation v. Ryland, 173 P.3d 108